Welcome

Taylor Hall is my favorite player ever. Rebuilding since 2006. I have animosity towards Tyler Seguin.

Monday 23 January 2012

Superstitions




I've been to about 10 Oiler games this year, and I've paid twice (not full price though). I'm too young to afford a $200 ticket plus food and beverages, neither are my friends. I don't pay for parking because it's a joke, I just drive past the Axe Music store and park on the street ;). The two games I have paid for are: the Ottawa drubbing and Saturday nights stinker against the Flames. I have already come to the conclusion that the Oilers get killed anytime I dish out currency for a seat in Rexall. The other games, the ones for free we have only lost twice, one was the Nuge's hatty night and the other one was a pre-season game. It was still closer than the Calgary and Ottawa games. Anyway, that's my little superstitious blurb. Moving on...



Tambellini getting extended?

Is this a joke? Does Katz understand what this fan base has been through? I don't care that Tambellini hadn't declared a rebuild until halfway through the 2009-2010 season. That doesn't change the fact that we have sucked since 2006/07. The season after our Stanley run. We have picked in the top 10 since Sam Gagner was drafted. The Oilers fan base has not seen improvement in some time, all we have seen is regression. There's no wonder why fans are getting more and more emotional after each loss. Losing the amount of games the Oilers have over the past few years is ridiculous. How much more can the citizens of Oilers Nation take until ticket demand shrivels up and season seats are no longer redeemed and sellouts become a rarity?

Looking at Steve Tambellini's past has clearly painted a picture for us, Steve Tambellini is inept at his job and he is not the man to save us. I don't blame him for the Belanger signing, but the Whitney trade, Khabibulin signing and Pat Quinn selections were bad. The Smyth trade was forced up him, all he had to do was sign on the dotted line. Potter was from Renney's hunch, and all these draft picks are Stu MacGregor's doings, not Tambellini's. We're screwed with Mr. Dithers at the helm. For every good move he makes, there's 3 bad moves to swamp this team. I don't know about you, but I do not want the man leading the ship.

Sending out an S.O.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment