Welcome

Taylor Hall is my favorite player ever. Rebuilding since 2006. I have animosity towards Tyler Seguin.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

The Man From Warburg... Hello!



I remember last year, I was out in Warburg to officiate a game or two. That's right, I drove all the way to Warburg to ref, but the travel money is good. They had a bunch of pictures of him in the main lobby of the rink. I always thought that was cool, how a guy can go from a town like Warburg to the show. Just like the Sutter family in Viking, AB. Seriously? I guess small towns don't fill up their ice slots, more time for the kids. I bet it helped Dustin Penner too, population of 9106 people in 2006, he must have had all day on the good ice in Winkler, MB. Anyway...

Last night was about as costly a win as you can get. I am worried sick about the Nuge, but losing Tom Gilbert for any extended amount of time is inconvenient; really, really, really inconvenient. I know everyone hates Gilbert, but he is above and beyond our best defenseman. How nobody seems to see that blows my mind. I hope RNH isn't out long either obviously, because our PP lives and dies with him. Josh Green and Colten Teubert are on the way up to Buffalo for today's game, starting at 4:30 p.m. MDT by the way.
Josh Green - On a flight with future NHL superstar  back up to the big dance. 
This time around is different though, because Teubert is going to be an NHL superstar from now until forever. Hopefully.

Last nights win in Chicago was a nail biter, Hemsky could have finished the game off for us, but decided he wanted to entertain the crowd and let an icing occur. I know he was tired, but you're in the NHL and who pulls the chute on a play like that? Two points were potentially on the line. I wish he gets back to his old self awful soon, he was such a fun player to watch. I assume Khabby starts today, so a win in Buffalo is a real possibility in my mind. Canada plays Russia at 6:30 p.m. MDT. These are the games that everybody remembers. So after the Oilers game is over, be sure to switch over to TSN for a beauty.

On a Final Note


You have to be blind if you haven't noticed Taylor Hall's beast mode these last few games. It has been a treat to watch and I hope he keeps it rolling. This team lives and dies on the kids, and now it's down to only two of them today. Stay healthy, Taylor, this is your team.

No comments:

Post a Comment